On Sunday, we kept many conversations through social media with Campbell residents and readers alike. Facebook favorite conversations included Beyonce's performance and the real reason people celebrated the Super Bowl (friends and food, of course!).
After a power outage and some nail-biting moments, here's what Campbell Patch Facebook Page fan had to say about the game's outcome, in one word:
- Karen French: Bummer
- Catherine Stanton Hickinbotham: Robbed.
- Deeana Healy: Baseball.
- Scott Cofer: Nothing from my FB feed that I can repeat.
- Scott Cofer: Cocktails!
- Elisabeth Halliday: Meh.
- Robert Sloan: Naugahyde
- Amanda Jo Fisk: Sad
- Lionel Tc Chan: Robbed.
- Bob Maloney: GoDaddy!
- Michael Roman: Penalties.
- Karen Richardson: Berg
- John Briere: Clydesdale
- Scott Cofer: Goldblatt!!
- Peggy Bryan: Crap
- Dave Molloy: Baseball
- Jessica Fajfar: It really was a good game...
- Felicia Doris Nordman: Robbed
What's your one-word reaction? Share with us in the comments below!
Also on social media conversations was the half-time show and, more specifically Beyonce's performance.
On Twitter, the talk in town was whether the singer would lip-sync her songs or perform them live and the Destiny's Child reunion:
- steve cooley : Jennifer Hudson sang. Will beyonce?
- steve cooley : Seems like Alicia Keyes is singing. Will Beyonce?
- Tom Hanson: #Beyoncé is killin it #SuperBowl2013
- David J Barclay: Where did the rest of Destiny's Child come from!?!?!?
- Alonso Hernandez : Back in MY day, Destiny's Child had 5 members
- Aly Makishima : BEY!!! Amazing.
- steve cooley: Ok, Beyonce sang. Good. If you can sing that well, why would you ever phone it in with a lip sync?
On Facebook, we asked: "So... Beyonce as the Half-time act: thumbs up or thumbs down?" Here's what people had to say:
- Christie Jensen-Balancier: Down
- Laurie Smith Hendry: Down.
- Catherine Stanton Hickinbotham: Down.
- Deeana Healy: meh.
- Sara Sullivan: Up:))
- Cara O'Brien Voldseth: Down
- Michelle Fitzsimmons: Huge thumbs up. Hot hot hot and all the songs I love!
- Teresa M Woodward Kahn: Down!
- Donna Swartwood Federspiel: Thumbs up ~ I thought she was awesome!
- Julie Dieterly: Boring
- Kathleen O'Connell: UP.....I don't get how anyone could fault Beyonce's performance. I thought it was great..Costumes as sexy as always but they were tasteful.
- Rachael Bellah: She did great and the destinys child reunion was awesome
- Erin Lunsford: Down
- Brenda Gonzalez: Down. She was great when it was destinys child!
- Aaron Brynen: Way up, and I'm not even a Beyoncé fan. I thought she brought it.
What did you think? Thumbs up or thumbs down? Share with us in the comments below!
Don’t be left out of the conversation in Campbell—Get our daily newsletter delivered | Post an event to our Calendar | Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on Instagram | Start a blog