Emily Porter, age 17
School: senior at Leigh High School
- Belwood Swim Team Member, seven years.
- Leigh High School Dive Team member, two years.
- California Sports Center Dive Team member, two years.
- Good Samaritan Hospital Junior Auxilliary Volunteer, almost two years. She serves every Monday from 4-7 p.m. and has since February of her sophomore year.
- Tutors students in Spanish.
Key to awesomeness: Emily is patient, kind, caring and nonjudgemental, according to proud father Lance Porter. She enjoys helping people of all ages and likes to volunteer at Good Samaritan Hospital, dad said. She helps nurses, lab personnel, and the public and does it all with a smile, dad added.
Emily is applying to various colleges and universities and hopes to someday to be an orthodontist. She enjoys photography, hanging out with her friends and family as well as shopping, she said.
Nominations for the Whiz Kid award should be made in the comment box below the article or e-mail the information to Mayra Flores De Marcotte at email@example.com.