The parcel tax the school district is discussing tonight will renew the originally approved one in 2004 and is $85 a year. If they move forward with it, the parcel tax will be placed in the November 2013 ballot.
The meeting takes place at the Campbell Union High School District Office, 3235 Union Ave. in San Jose at 5:30 p.m. CUHSD consists of six schools: Del Mar, Westmont, Leigh, Branham, Prospect and Boynton high schools.
According to the district, the parcel tax will help support the following academic programs:
- Maintaing or adding classes in academic subjects such as Math, Science and English
- Teaching computer and technology skills to train students for high-demand jobs such as high-tech, health care and engineering
- Attracting and retaining highly qualified teachers so local high schools do not lose good teachers to other areas
- Providing career technical education and vocational training
- Increasing Advanced Placement classes to prepare students for college
- Providing safe and clean high schools
For more information, please contact the Superintendent’s office at email@example.com or at 408-371-0960 ext. 4430.