Tonight's Campbell City Council meeting will be a busy one, with late-night live entertainment and the annexation of on the agenda.
The regularly scheduled Tuesday meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. and takes place in council chamber at Campbell City Hall.
Up first, and on the consent calendar, nightclub is applying to have live entertainment until 2:00 a.m. The application promises not to have any "Hip Hop-type" music played at the establishment at 201 Orchard City Dr.
The application requests:
- Live entertainment Thursday through Saturday, from 9:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m., Sunday, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Wednesday from 7: 00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- The proposed area for the performers is near the rear exit of the restaurant/bar.
- The additional stipulation of this request is that if a public nuisance is created or if there are significant calls for service, the Campbell Police Department will have the authority to prohibit live entertainment from continuing.
It looks like Campbell is going to be getting a little bigger. The annexation of , a pocket of Santa Clara County with a Campbell is taking place tonight, under new business.
Here are some of the details:
- Campbell will be paying a guaranteed base sum of $199,000 for five years.
- If at any point between the five year calculation point does the hotel at 1300 Camden Ave. or the gas station at 1370 Camden Ave. cease to operate or otherwise stop generating tax revenue, a revised calculation will be performed no later than the end of the fiscal year and an adjustment to the base payment will be made.
- If any new business opens up after the fact and generates more than $50,000 in tax revenue, a revision to the base payment will be made.
- Over a period of 40 years, the city of Campbell estimates it will perform at least two street maintenance to the area and will cost approximately $3.3 million. Because of this, the city will be entitled to a credit from the city of San Jose, starting in 2021 of $30,000 and increasing to $40,000 in 2031 and $50,00 in 2041.
- The process to purchase Cambrian 36 will be final in 40 years.
For more information on these and other items on the agenda, click here.