Something special is taking place later today.
The grand of Campbell's Orchard City Banquet Hall takes place from 4:30-6:00 p.m. and will include tours of the revamped facilities, light refreshments and a ribbon cutting.
The big surprise?
The unveiling of the commissioned artwork.
"The art is beautiful, but I can’t give it away," says Cynthia Bojorquez, Campbell Recreation Department Executive Director. "It really is remarkable. It reflects Campbell. You will see something different every time you look at it."
The funds for the project were initially approved by the Campbell City Council in 2000 and in 2009, new designs were approved and construction began in May 2010.
Included in the remodel are:
- New ADA compliant restrooms
- Banquet hall room divider
- New entrance and lobby area
- Permanent stage with audio/address capability
- New storage area
- Drop ceiling
- New floor coverings
- Exterior and interior lighting upgrades
- Fire sprinklers
- New east side “storefront” window system
- Replacement of existing electrical system
- Public art
- New HVAC system.