The trial date in the case of a nanny from Campbell accused of molesting eight young girls has been set to Nov. 5 but Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Clarissa Hamilton said it will most likely be continued.
"The defense is still exploring additional items to potentially resolve the case," Hamilton said.
The preliminary hearing in the case took place last month on Sept. 17, 18 and 19.
"All the girls testified and they were great," she said. "He was held on all the counts."
The veteran nanny was arrested on March 8 on suspicion of child molestation.
The crimes, according to court documents, took place between November 2009 and March 2012.
Walker worked as a nanny in Campbell for more than a decade and was known by the children he watched as "Mr. Johnny."
Walker, 41, has been charged with a total of 13 counts, including lewd and lascivious acts on a child under the age of 14.
It is also alleged that Walker would have the young girls video chat and visit inappropriate websites with him online, the court reports said.
The number of alleged victims in the case has dropped to eight, Hamilton said.
"These cases are always open to more but as of now, those are the ones we are moving forward on."
The trial date has been scheduled for Nov. 5 at the Santa Clara County Superior Court, Dept. 24 at 8:30 a.m.
Follow our continued coverage of this case here.
Are you Patched in? Get the FREE Patch newsletter each morning. Register here.