The suspect in the Tuesday afternoon shooting off of Winchester Boulevard was arrested Wednesday, San Jose Police said.
San Jose resident Julio Cesar Vasquez, 18, was arrested in connection to the attempted murder Aug. 14 at 9:58 p.m. near the area of Cadillac Drive and South Wincehster Boulevard. After further investigation, it was revealed that the incident was gang-related.
"It was a matter of getting out there and investigating," said San Jose Police Spokesman Jose Garcia of the department's quick turn-around.
According to the police release, Vasquez was booked into Santa Clara County Jail in San Jose on suspicion of attempted murder, possession of a controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia. His is currently in custody without bail.
On Aug. 14, San Jose Police Department responded to a report of .
According to San Jose Police, calls were received at 2:32 p.m. that a male adult had been shot. Officer arrived and found a 25-year-old Hispanic male suffering from at least one gunshot wound. The victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He is expected to survive.
The shooting took place at the heels of three other incidents on Aug. 13, which left all three victims involved dead.
"None of the three shooting incidents are related," Garcia said.
Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact Detective Jesse Ashe at 408-277-3835. Persons wishing to remain anonymous can call the Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers at 408-947-STOP (7867), or visit: http://svcrimestoppers.org/.
Persons providing information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect may be eligible for a cash reward from the Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers.