Area law enforcement are on the lookout for a bank robber described as Caucasian, approximately 35 years old, 5-foot-6 to 6-foot, with a muscular build, who's believed to have hit at least five South Bay banks in the last month.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office, the San Jose Police Department, and Santa Clara Police are also asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect, who's being sought in connection to the following bank robberies:
- Jan. 18, 5:03 p.m., US Bank, 10381 South De Anza Blvd., Cupertino
- Jan. 24, 2:20 p.m., Wells Fargo Bank, 6465 Almaden Expressway, San Jose
- Feb. 1, 2:30 p.m., Bank of the West, 18860 Cox Ave., Saratoga
- Feb. 6, 2:19 p.m., Wells Fargo Bank, 23000 Homestead Rd., Cupertino
- Feb. 19, 2:53 p.m., Wells Fargo Bank, 2792 Homestead Rd., Santa Clara
In each robbery, the suspect entered the banks, presented a note to the teller demanding money, and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Wells Fargo Bank is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect.
Anyone with information on these cases is asked to please contact Detective Sergeant Paula McAllister at the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office at 408- 808-4500, Detective Ryan Chan at the San Jose Police Department, 408-277-4166; or Detective Sergeant Hoesing at the Santa Clara Police Department, 408-615-4814.