A funny odor was all it took for the evacuation of this Sunday.
Campbell Patch received a tip from reader Deb Rohzen on Facebook that "customers just told me they were evacuated from the Camera 7 theatres at Pruneyard - too hot - funny smell - fire trucks."
Both Campbell Police and Santa Clara County Fire confirmed to Patch that the "funny smell" was due to burnt up wiring in the air conditioning system. The call came in at 3:16 p.m. CPD added that "there was nothing suspicious."
The entire theatre was evacuated as a precautionary step, but County Fire believed it did reopen. Patch called, but was put into a voicemail box.
Theatre-goers and law enforcement officials across the country are on guard after . Twelve died and 58 were injured.
Are you Patched in? Get the FREE Patch newsletter each morning. Register here.