Anna Stojanovich, 88, passed away on Saturday, April 21, 2012.
A life-long resident of Campbell, she grew up on the family property on Latimer Avenue, working the many orchards and canneries in the area with her sister Margaret Bogner of Santa Cruz, and her late brothers Steve and Peter Ban.
She was married for 51 years to the late Edward Stojanovich and for many years worked by his side in the orchard on Union Avenue where they farmed apricots, cherries and prunes. Several local prune farmers brought their produce to the dehydrator to be processed by the couple. When the prune business eventually moved from Santa Clara Valley, Ed and Anna planted corn, which they sold for many years at their local vegetable stand.
Later they joined a Recreational Vehicle Club and enjoyed traveling around California with a new group of friends. The last portion of the property, which was to become the new Stojanovich Family Park, was used to store recreational vehicles owned by residents of their RV club or others who lived in the area. It was this park that was sold by Anna to the City of Campbell in 2007 for half of its market value in order to build a family park.
The park was opened in December of 2011 with Anna proudly cutting the ribbon.
Both Anna and her husband, who served on the Campbell Planning Commission, were very generous, contributing to the museum and Heritage Theater, and the Veterans Memorial in Campbell. Anna was a charter member of St. Lucy’s Young Ladies Institute, and a life-long member of St. Lucy’s Church. Both Anna and her husband’s families had emigrated from Croatia and settled in the Campbell area in the early 1900’s.