Want to experience the fun of San Francisco Beer Week, without making the trip all the way up there from the south bay?
Here's your answer - the third annual Meet the Brewers Beerfest in San Jose this Saturday.
A whopping 19 south bay and Santa Cruz area breweries, including Campbell's Rock Bottom Brewery and Campbell Brewing Company, will be showing off their stuff this Saturday, Feb. 18, 12-5 p.m., at the Hermitage Brewing Co., 1627 S. 7th St. in San Jose.
"We started it [in response to] San Francisco Beer Week," said Carolyn Hopkins, director of marketing and events for Tied House and one of the Beerfest's main founders and organizers. "We were trying to bring some of the spotlight down to the south bay from San Francisco. We wanted to highlight some of the breweries in our area, and talk about some of the culture in the area."
For $25, attendees can enjoy unlimited - yes, that's right, we said unlimited - crafted beer tasting. Remember to bring a designated driver with you, and he or she gets in for only $5.
Beer isn't the only tasty thing you'll get to enjoy at this event. There's also six gourmet "foodie" food trucks on the docket this year as well, serving up everything from cajun to barbecue to ice cream.
Get your tickets by visiting the Better Beer Blog website and clicking on - what else? - the "Beer Me!" button.
Proceeds from the 2012 event will benefit Can Do Multiple Sclerosis. Can Do Multiple Sclerosis is a national, nonprofit organization that provides innovative lifestyle empowerment programs for people living with multiple sclerosis.
Below are lists of all the breweries and food trucks scheduled to appear this year, and be sure to view Patch's video from last year for an idea of what's in store.
2012 PARTICIPATING BREWERIES:
- Firehouse Brewery & Grill
- Tied House / Hermitage Brewing Company
- Devil's Canyon Brewing Company
- Faultline Brewing Company
- Uncommon Brewers
- Seabright Brewery Pub & Restaurant
- Peter B's Brewpub
- Jack's Brewing Company
- Strike Brewing Company
- Los Gatos Brewing Company
- Rabbit's Foot Meadery
- BJs Restaurant & Brewhouse
- Campbell Brewing Company
- Boulder Creek Brewing Company
- Drakes Brewing Company
- Rock Bottom Brewing Company
- El Toro Brewing Company
- Palo Alto Brewing Company
2012 PARTICIPATING FOOD TRUCKS:
- MoBowl – Asian-style rice bowls.
- BBQ Kalbi – Gourmet food in a flash, BBQ Kalbi is a fusion between Korean BBQ and Mexican food.
- Louisiana Territory – Cajun-style cuisine.
- Oaxacan Kitchen – Authentic Mexican food made from local purveyors.
- Treatbot - Karaoke ice cream truck.
- Emergency BBQ – Fresh BBQ cooked on site!