The was built in 1936 as a high school by W.H. Weeks.
Campbell High School, the first in the was established in 1900, moved to the community center site in 1936 and closed in 1980 due to declining enrollment.
In 1985, the city of Campbell purchased the building.
Although the high school is no longer, the community center remains.
The city of Campbell wil be celebrating Campbell's 60th anniversary on March 28, 10:30 a.m. with a small reception at City Hall in front of the glass cabinets outside of council chambers.
For more great local trivia, history, etc. visit the .