On the 105th anniversary of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, the floor shook once more, albeit at only 3.4 on the Richter scale, rather than the building-toppling 7.9.
The earthquake hit at about 2:57 p.m. about 56 miles from Campbell, but already, there are 22 people in the Orchard City who say they felt it on the U.S. Geological Survey's Web site.
Those who responded said it felt like a "two" on a scale of one to 10, with 10 being the highest intensity felt.
Here's what the conversation on facebook looks like:
- Heather Malamisura Yep. I was in Palo Alto.
- Campbell Patch Did it feel like a wave or a jolt?
- Linda King was @doc office off of bascom sitting in my car & my car felt like someone ran into me it was moving back & forth
- Campbell Patch Heather, since you were in Palo Alto, was it like a wave or a jolt?
- Heather Malamisura Honestly? It felt like someone in the office next to me dropped a REALLY heavy box. So, a jolt, I guess. :-)
- Lionel Tc Chan nada - I was on driving on Hamilton but didn't feel a thing.