Campbell knows how to have fun! A great perk of living in Campbell is close proximity to more fun events than you can possibly fit into your schedule.
We've attended, participated in, and volunteered at most of Campbell's festivals-
- Boogie on the Bayou
- Carol of Lights
- Wine Walks
- Bunnies and Bonnets Parade
- Sundown Cinema
- Summer Concerts on Orchard City Green
- Prune Festival (those were the days... replaced by "Boogie" in 2003)
But our favorite has got to be OKTOBERFEST!
Great food, balmy weather, family-friendly, laid back crowd, BEER (the good stuff), what's not to like?
And a great way to enjoy Oktoberfest is to VOLUNTEER, and as it happens there are still a few (OK.. we hear more than a few) volunteer spots open.
TOP 5 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER AT OKTOBERFEST
1. It's fun
Break from your routine and do something you haven't done before!
2. It's easy
Sell tickets, check IDs, put on wristbands, point out the bathrooms, it's not rocket science and it's only 4 hours.
3. It's for our favorite cause- Us!
All of the funds help make Campbell a vital, successful, strong community.
4. Meet cool people
Over the years we've gotten to know many Campbell residents and business owners that we wouldn't have met otherwise by hanging out and working alongside them during volunteer shifts. Not to mention the chance to represent Campbell to the thousands of attendees.
5. Free Beer
Yep, you read that correctly. It's not advertised, but (historically) all volunteers get a free drink ticket ($5.00 value; that's like getting paid $1.25 per hour- sweet!).
Here's a Few Tips for Volunteering at Oktoberfest:
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress in layers as it could be warm or cool
- Bring sunglasses (sometimes the sun shines directly where you have to face)
- Bring a granola bar, energy bar or trail mix in case you get hungry and can't leave the booth for a snack
- Bring cash for the food booths... after seeing and smelling all the great food for 4 hours you're going to want some!
- If you like a mellow time, sign up for the early shift. If you're an adrenaline junkie, sign up for the later shift. If you're a masochist, sign up for a double shift (and get double the drink tickets!)
- Prepare to have fun! The time flies and before you know it your shift will be over, so enjoy!
READY TO JOIN THE FUN?
To jump in and join the Oktoberfest team, call 408-378-6252 or use this form
PS- This year we're helping out by contributing an Oktoberfest Mobile Festival Guide. For a sneak peek scan the QR code or click here with your mobile device