Are you feeling a little bit of withdrawal? Missing the political ads, debates and polls?
Let the Campbell Library come to your rescue with their voter's relief DVD list.
The election season can be very stressful, no matter if your side won or lost, so let these ten DVDs help you unwind and appreciate the lighter side of politics (the hyperlink takes you to the library's catalog.):
- The West Wing. The complete sixth season:The presidential race is on, with Senator Arnold Vinick as the Republican frontrunner and Matthew Santos vying for the hotly contested Democratic presidential nomination.
- Swing Vote: Bud Johnson is an apathetic, beer drinking, lovable loser, who is coasting through a life that is passed him by. His one bright spot in his mundane existence is his precocious, over achieving twelve-year old daughter, Molly. She takes care of them both. She accidentally sets off a chain of events on Election Day, which culminates in the presidential election coming down to one vote, Bud's. Suddenly, Bud becomes the voice for everybody when the world realizes that his vote will be the one that elects the next president. Descending on the unwitting inhabitants of the small town of Texico, New Mexico, politicians wage a war for Bud's vote.
- Man of the Year: Tom Dobbs makes an off-hand comment on his late night talk show that he would be a better president than the leader who currently occupies the White House. A grassroots campaign conducted by his legions of fans finds him unexpectedly ushered into the Oval Office and forced to live up to his promise. Unfortunately for Dobbs, he finds out that his surprise victory was actually the result of a voting computer glitch and not winning the majority vote leaves the outspoken funnyman struggling with the decision to stay the course in the Oval Office or head back behind the microphone where he is truly in his element.
- The American President: Andrew Shepherd is a consummate politician and a man of integrity, who also happens to be a widower, ready to start dating again. He is swept off his feet by a lobbyist, Sydney Ellen Wade. His critics rant that it is immoral and his friends proclaim that it's romantic, but one thing is certain, all that stands between true love and re-election is the approval of the American public.
- Election: High schooler Tracy Flick is running for student government and things get complicated when others join the race.
- Wag the Dog:When the President is caught in a sex scandal less than 2 weeks before the election, "Mr. Fix-it" decides they need a war to distract the public's attention and he calls on Hollywood's top producer to create it.
Don’t miss a thing in Campbell! Get the FREE Patch newsletter each morning. Register here.