Campbell is a community known for its events. And the holidays just ramp things up.
Campbell Patch has compiled a "short" list of varius goings-ons. Please feel free to add to this list in the comments section below.
Thursday, Dec. 1
- is hosting its 17th year of "Free" Santa Photos. Santa Claus will make his appearance from 9:00 a.m. to noon take a lunch break and then return from 1:30-4:30 p.m. today, Dec. 2 and 3, and Dec. 8-10. Please be sure to make an appointment prior to stopping by. A $10 fee for the appointment will be donated to a local charity.
- A Victorian Christmas at tours. Tours take place Dec. 1-18, from noon to 4:00 p.m. The cost is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors and $4.50 for youth ages 7-17. Admission for children and museum members is free. All proceeds from the tours as well as sales at the holiday boutique will benefit the non-profit Campbell Historical Museum & Ainsley House Foundation. For more information, call 408-866-2758.
- 's Annual Charity Benefit at the , 6:00 p.m. Admission to the event is by donation and includes food, raffle and music. Organizers ask that attendees bring a new, unwrapped toy.
Friday, Dec. 2
- is hosting a Blue Jeans, Bags, & Baubles Holiday Soiree, 6:00 p.m. Shopping, bubbly and mingling on a Friday night. Please bring your friends and family and RSVP for this event to at 408-379-1925.
- VIP Anniversary Event 2011, 6:00-9:00 p.m. Offered up: holiday cheer, music and fun. Some artwork 20-40 percent off and a chance to win an original painting valued at $175.
- is hosting the , 6:00-10:00 p.m. Stop by and pick up the 2012 "Calendar for a Cure." $20 donation at the door. Proceeds go to Amercian Cancer Society Research Fund.
Saturday, Dec. 3
- is hosting: A Cup of Tea: How to Make Delicious Tea, 3:00 p.m. American Tea Culture Association's Mr. Lin, a certified tea instructor, will introduce a variety of teas, provide tips for making tea, and demonstrate how to make a delicious cup of tea. This event is free.
- Campbell's takes place today, from 4:00-8:00 p.m. This annual event invites the entire community to come by and enjoy the Santa visits, bounce houses, pony rides, a petting zoo, and a snow zone with real snow for kids to play in. Cost is free but donations are welcomed.
- Campbell's Ainsley House is also celebrating with tea, Dec. 3-14 in the afternoons. Sip tea and enjoy the eye candy of the 15 rooms within the home decorated for the holidays. The donation/fee for the Tea & Tour is priced at $30 for members and $35 for non-members. Please phone 408-866-2758 for reservations.