If you have a black belt in Black Friday shopping, listen up: area big-box retailers are gearing up to dazzle bargain hunters even earlier this year—starting Thanksgiving Day.
Last week, Walmart announced that it would open its doors at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night, Nov. 22 and offer holiday doorbusters while supplies last. These include deals on TVs, iPads, an electric scooter for $79 and a steam mop for $39.
But it's not alone. Target and Best Buy are also planning all-out holiday shopping assaults.
Target's deals begin an hour later, at 9 p.m. According to an ad leaked online, the best deals will be for a Nook, TVs, a Nikon camera and an XBOX 360 Kinect bundle.
At Best Buy, doors open at midnight. Doorbusters include deals on TVs, phones and a Samsung laptop bundle.
Walmart will offer its biggest deals from 10-11 p.m. Thanksgiving night. The store will offer three items at low prices—an iPad, a TV and a Blu-Ray player—and if the store runs out, you can still buy them but must register for them online by midnight and they'll be delivered to your local store.
According to TheBlackFriday.com, several other stores will also have "doorbuster" sales Thursday night or at 12 a.m. Friday, including Kohl's and Big Lots.
Fry's Electronics is having a pre-Black Friday sale, starting Nov. 16.
For the early morning traditionalists, several stores open at 4 a.m. with special sales. If you want to keep up with all of the Black Friday deals, you can check your favorite retailers' Facebook pages.
- Target ad. Closest location is at Westgate Mall, 1600 Saratoga Ave. in San Jose
- Best Buy ad. Closest location is at Santana Row, 3090 Stevens Creek Blvd. in San Jose
- Walmart ad. Closest location is at 5095 Almaden Expwy. in San Jose
- Kohl's ad. 525 E Hamilton Ave. in Campbell
- Big Lots ad. 1581 W. Campbell Ave. in Campbell
- Fry's pre-Black Friday ad. 600 E Hamilton Ave. in Campbell
But be prepared to wait for your deals! Check out the last two Black Fridays in Campbell:
- 2011: Black Friday Shoppers in Campbell in Good Spirits
- 2010: Shoppers Pull All Nighters for Deals
Want to avoid the holiday shopping mega-crowds altogether? Look for Cyber Monday deals on Nov. 26 or visit your local Mom 'n Pop retailers on Small Business Saturday, Nov. 24.
Don’t miss a thing in Campbell! Get the FREE Patch newsletter each morning. Register here.