The West Coast has a long-standing reputation as a haven for lovers of craft beer and Silicon Valley breweries want to know ensure they make a lasting impression too.
As part of the festivities of San Francisco Beer Week—but who's kidding, it's really a Bay Area celebration—brewers from Belmont, San Leandro, Santa Cruz and points in between will gather for the fourth annual Meet The Brewers Craft Beer Festival at Hermitage Brewing Co., 1627 S. 7th St. San Jose. Hermitage is the sister company to Tied House Brewery located in Mountain View.
"Every year our guest tell us how much fun they have interacting with the brewers. That’s what makes this event unique and how big the beer community keeps growing in the South Bay," said Peter Estaniel, brand manager for Hermitage Brewing. "People feel like they have the inside scoop on the local craft beer scene after
attending Meet the Brewers,”
The event, which takes place on Saturday, Feb. 16 from Noon to 5 p.m., has the confirmed participation of:
- Campbell based Campbell Brewing Company and Rock Bottom,
- Los Altos-based Strike Brewing Company,
- Sunnyvale's Faultline Brewing Company, Firehouse Grill and Rabbit's Foot Meadery,
- San Leandro-based Drake's Brewing Company and Highwater Brewing Company,
- Monterey's Peter B's Brewpub,
- Santa Cruz based Seabright Brewing Company and Uncommon Brewers,
- Los Gatos based Los Gatos Brewing,
- San Jose based Gordon Biersch,
- Belmont's Devil's Canyon Brewing and El Toro Brewing Company.
But the beer isn't the only reason to attend. Besides the fun company and door prizes, several food trucks will make an appearance—a definite draw for the designated drivers who can instead taste-test their way around these gourmet menus.
Confirmed food trucks include:
- Oaxacan Kitchen Mobile,
- Grilled Cheese Bandits,
- MoGo BBQ,
- LoCal Comfort Truck
- Treatbot (dessert and karaoke).
Proceeds from the 2013 Meet The Brewers will be donated to Can Do MS, a national non-profit who helps thousands of people living with MS reclaim a sense of dignity, control and freedom by empowering them with the knowledge, skills, tools and confidence to transform challenges into possibilities.
For more information on Meet The Brewers visit: http://meetthebrewers-eac2.eventbrite.com/#
Don’t be left out of the conversation in Campbell—Get our daily newsletter delivered | Post an event to our Calendar | Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on Instagram | Start a blog