As a reminder, all entries are due April 1 for the City's Civic Improvement Commission's annual Student Poster Contest.
Open to all 5th grade students residing in Campbell or attending a public or private school in Campbell, the recurring theme of “What I Love about Campbell,” asks participants to creatively illustrate people, places or things within Campbell that they enjoy.
Submissions will be evaluated and rewarded based on neatness, legibility, and adherence to the contest’s theme through representation of Campbell, as well as on grammar and spelling.
Prizes, including the grand prize of a new mountain bike, donated by Wheel Away Cycle Center in Campbell, will be awarded for the top posters selected. The poster winners will be invited to the May 8 Civic Improvement Commission meeting at which time the awards will be presented.
All poster entries will also be on display throughout Downtown Campbell part of the Downtown’s “Second Saturday” event on May 10 and throughout the weekend.
All entries must be submitted by Monday, April 1 to the City Manager’s Office at City Hall, 70 North First Street, Campbell.
Additional rules for this year’s contest are listed below – participants are urged to follow them and to have fun!
• Entries must incorporate the “What I Love About Campbell” theme.
• Artwork should highlight people, places or things that represent the City of Campbell.
• Entries must include a short paragraph on the back of the poster, explaining the poster’s content. The 2014 poster contest application must also be completed and attached (by glue or tape) to the back of the poster.
• Artwork must be hand drawn. Computer-generated letters and graphics are not allowed.
• Poster dimensions preferred size is 22” x 14” on poster board or equivalent material.
• Any of the following art media may be used: watercolors, felt pens, colored pens, pencils, crayons or pastels.
• Applications can be picked up from your local school or at the City Manager’s Office at Campbell City Hall, 70 N. First Street, Campbell, CA.
For more information about the annual CIC Student Poster Contest or if you would like to donate a prize, please contact Al Bito at 408-866-2125 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.