Patch is an official sponsor of the Gilroy Garlic festival. Stop by our booth and say hello. We'd love to meet you, and we'll have tons of Patch goodies to give away.
The Gilroy Garlic Festival is fun for all ages, interests and groups. There's plenty to do over the course of the three days but make sure you start with the right foot.
Important facts to know before you head out:
- The festival is held outdoors in a park, mostly made up of turf and some compact dirt and asphalt walkways, so make sure to bring comfortable shoes.
- Although this will be a hot event, shirts and shoes are required.
- There are natural shade trees and many shade tents but it is supposed to be in the high 80s to low 90s starting Friday so pack your sunscreen.
- Admission price includes parking, musical entertainment, cooking demos and access to children’s area.
- Bring cash. Prices for food range from $2 to $12.
- Parking is free, and includes shuttle service from the parking lot to the festival grounds.
- Parking for your bike is free too, along Miller Avenue at the levee.
Do not bring:
- Alcohol of any kind
- Bottles, glass and cans
- Coolers – large or small
- Frisbees and water projecting devises
- Pocket knives and weapons of any kind.
The 33rd annual Gilroy Garlic Festival is taking place at Christmas Hill Park; Gilroy, 30 miles south of San Jose off Highway 101, from July 29 through July 31, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. (gates close at 6 p.m.).
Tickets cost $17 for adult general admission, $8 for children ages 6-12, $8 for seniors 60+ and free for children 6 and younger. Discounted tickets can be purchased online or at all Raley’s, Bel Air and locations.