Celebrated in the U.S. since 1938, Veterans Day honors all those who have served in the military. To show their appreciation, several restaurants in Campbell and its neighboring cities are offering free meals, or special deals, to veterans and current military personnel who show military ID. Below is a list of who’s participating locally.
- : Vets will receive a Grand Slam Breakfast, its staple meal of two eggs, two pancakes, and two pieces of bacon. Located at 2085 S. Bascom Ave. in Campbell. (408) 371-7454.
- The restaurant is serving up 10 free chicken wings, boneless or regular, to Veterans or those on active military personnel all day. Located at 1555 S Bascom Ave. in Campbell. (408) 377-9464.
- McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant: On Sunday, Nov. 13, vets receive a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée. The closest location to Campbell is 170 South Market Street, San Jose. (408) 283-7200.
- Outback Steakhouse: This whole week through Friday, this chain has been offering its famous Bloomin’ Onions to vets, with a coke to dose it down. Located at 1887 S. Bascom Ave. in Campbell. (408) 371-5384
- T.G.I. Fridays: Veterans and serving military personnel receive a buy-one, get-one free deal for any item on the menu. The closest location to Campbell is 10344 North Wolfe Rd. in Cupertino. (408) 257-2050.
- The Olive Garden: Veterans can choose from a special menu, which includes freshly baked garlic sticks, and soup or salad. The closest location to Campbell is 940 Blossom Hill Rd. in San Jose. (408) 225-1420.