According to the United States Geological Survey site, a 3.2 temblor just shook the South Bay late Friday afternoon.
The earthquake hit 10 miles north east of San Jose at about 5:30 p.m. and many Campbell residents are reporting they felt it.
- Crystal Stewart: That's what I'm thinking! Short and sweet!
- Campbell Patch: Yeah! It felt like a quick jolt here in Willow Glen, in San Jose...
- Yu Li: i felt it!!
- Cathy Weselby: Nothing up here in the mountains.
- Marni Barber Moore In Saratoga, didn't feel anything!
- Campbell Patch - Mom Squad: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/FaultMaps/122-37.html California-Nevada Fault Map centered at 37°N,122°Wearthquake.usgs.govUSGS Earthquake Hazards Program, responsible for monitoring, reporting, and researching earthquakes and earthquake hazards
- Kim Carney: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/Real-time Earthquake Mapearthquake.usgs.govUSGS Earthquake Hazards Program, responsible for monitoring, reporting, and researching earthquakes and earthquake hazards
- Kim Carney: 3.2 East Foothills of San Jose
- Campbell Patch - Mom Squad: Haha Kim, great minds...
- William Cormier: According to USGS, 3.2. Didn't feel it. Needs to be above a 5.0 for us to feel anything. #californiaproblems
- Billy G. Powers III: nope. it was Dzokar
- Crystal Stewart: I thought someone in our 4-plex slammed the laundry room door really hard - then you posted this! Ha ha
- Amanda Jo Fisk: i was in the shower! didnt feel anything
- Sarah K Flanagan: I thought there was one too! Then I thought it might be the wind. I'm not sure now that you posted this. Hmmm...
Campbell Patch Editor was sitting in her living room when a quick jolt shook her home in Central San Jose.
Did you feel it? Tell us in the comments below.