July is Parks and Recreation Month, and the city of Campbell is celebrating it by encouraging everyone who works, lives or plays in Campbell to come play.
The Campbell Recreation Department kicked off its impromptu "flash mobs" in support of parks and rec month at (check back Wednesday morning for the video!).
A flash mob, as defined by Wikipedia, is "a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and sometimes seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment and/or satire."
On Tuesday morning, 300 kids, ages 4 and up, mobbed together in the soccer bowl and sang to the Black Eyed Peas' "I've Got a Feeling."
The second installment of the month-long celebration of parks and recs kicks off with the second "flash mob" at Orchard City Green at noon.
Here's what the Campbell Parks and Recreation department suggests:
- Go to the Orchard City Green at noon.
- Act casual. Sit with friends, enjoy the sunshine, eat your lunch.
- When the music starts, meet on the green and face Civic Center Drive.
- Jennifer Correira (Our Fitness Guru) will be leading the charge up in front.
- Sing your heart out if you know the words
- Have FUN!
- Tell all your friends and post this link on your personal Facebook.
- We want the green packed!