On June 20, Campbell's 21st Annual Summer Concert Series kicks off with a live performance by Long Train Runnin' on the Orchard City Green, between Campbell City Hall and the Campbell Library.
The series is put together by the Campbell Recreation Department and is held every Thursday, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. through August 22.
The concerts are free to attend. Residents are invited to bring lawn chairs or beach towels--no blankets please--and either bring their own food and wine, but no hard liquor. Small tables are permissible in designated areas. Residents cannot set up before 3:00 p.m.
Pets are not allowed on the Orchard City Green, per city ordinance.Curious about how it all started? Read about it here.
The Summer Concert Series 2013 Schedule:
- June 20: Long Train Runnin' - A Doobie Brothers tribute band
- June 27: Jesse Charles Band - Variety dance from the 1940s to today
- July11: The Houserockers - Rock & Soul
- July 18: Isis and the Cold Truth - Rock, Rhythm & Blues
- July 25: The Groove Kings - Classic Rock & Roll
- August 1: Crocodiles - 19702, 80s and contemporary
- August 8: Cocktail Monkeys - Rock, Motown, Party and Dance
- August 15: The Hitmen - 1970s Funk, Disco and Latin
- August 22: Sage - R&B, Dance